html and sanskrit studies--anyone know who's into it???

John Gardner jgardner at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Fri Jan 5 19:24:59 UTC 1996

one further question after my last re. Sahota's Kyoto dissertation on
purusha.

does anyone know anyone doing sanksrit--transliterated or
otherwise--online, on CDROM, and--especially--in hypertext mark-up
language?  I know that George Landau out of Brown Univ. in Rhode Island
has marked himself as the trend-setting guru of the electronic
soon-to-be-revolution in academia.  What of indology and html?  please
also specify if you know of any good software for importing the tedious
array of devanagari diacritics into/onto html and the WEB.

many thanks and happy 1996

john robert gardner