Mising Bane Kebang: meaning of name of group

Allen Thrasher athr at loc.gov
Tue Jan 2 21:36:45 UTC 1996

I badly need to know the literal meaning of the name of the Mising
political
group Mising Bane Kebang.  There seems to be no dictionary of the Abor
(a.k.a. Mising, Adi, Miri) language to English or another language, only
from other languages to Mising.  Is there anyone out there who knows Abor
or who has studied the movement and can give me a translation?  I am of
course paging and consulting all the books on the Mising for this
information.

Thanks awfully and Happy New Year,

Allen W. Thrasher

Senior Reference Librarian