Sanskrit manuscripts stolen from Punjab University Library

Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.FI Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.FI
Fri Feb 23 13:20:29 UTC 1996

>     Dr Parpola
>     Thank you for the correct versions of authors and
>     titles. I don't know any Sanskrit but some looked wrong
>     to me, hence the quotation marks. I should have
>     mentioned that the Sanskrit MSS. are all on palm
>     leaves.
>     Muhammad Isa Waley

Dear Dr Waley, I have forwarded your message to the Indology-list, where it
will catch the attention of many colleagues.

Asko Parpola ------ e-mail Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.Fi
Dept. of Asian and African Studies, University of Helsinki