Shorter messages (was: Peoples and Languages)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 22 10:49:42 UTC 1996

Kamal Adhikary said:

> Dear colleagues:
> 	Recently, Dr. Tariq Rahman, a scholar from Pakistan has given a
> beautiful article to ASNIC.  The article is too long to post here. I do
> not like to fill up your mailbox with one article.

[...]

I should like to thank Mr Adhikary publicly for his courtesy.  The above
approach is greatly needed, now that INDOLOGY is so large and busy.

If you have a long posting (more than a couple of screenfuls), please
feel free to post an announcement about it to INDOLOGY, but keep the
long message off the daily list.  Make it available via some other
network method, like local public ftp.  If you have absolutely no
alternative, contact me and I'll see if I can put it on the INDOLOGY web
page.

Please read and meditate on the recent posting by Chris Wooff about
overflowing mailboxes and bounced subscriptions.  He raises vital
matters about network usage and the future viability of INDOLOGY.

Thanks

Dominik Wujastyk