Holi discussion appreciation

RAJAGOPALANM at HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU RAJAGOPALANM at HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU
Fri Feb 16 01:51:13 UTC 1996

Dear gentlemen,
You wrote on 7th feb ;
" Please set us straight .How would you describe theholi festival/ Then we can put this
to bed "
I suggest that we describe holi in a short way as a religious , social ,
carnival .I have contacted  someone who lived the experience of
celebrating holi in  the meaningful way  and he has agreed to write more
details on holi to the indology group . i am requesting him often to reply.
He has agreed to do so .  I hope that this is satisfactory to all at present
until details of celebrating holi comes later on the internet .
  Thanks for all of you to have extended a kind hearing to the
suggestion on meaninful and correct intrepretations of hinduism by
scholars .   M.Rajagopalanz