Census Report Marwar 1891

David Magier magier at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 15 15:12:22 UTC 1996

> I do not know of library holdings of this work, but I have seen a modern
> reprint of it. Unfortunately I do not remember the publishing details. I
> think it was from a Rajasthani press and within about the last 10 years.
> Peter Friedlander
> -------------
> Original Text
> Does anyone know if a copy of rapoTa maradumashumaarii raajamaaravaaRa
> baabata sana 1891 iisavii exists in its entirety in any library of the
> United States or United Kingdom?  This is the Hindi census report
> compiled by Munshi Deviprasad, which includes a volume of Marwar caste
> histories.

The original is available in microfilm from Library of Congress.
Copies of the film, at least, exist at LC and also at the Center for
Research Libraries in Chicago
(home page  http://wwwcrl.uchicago.edu/crlhp.html). Here is the
bibliographic record for the microfilm. I didn't find a record of the
reprint mentioned by Peter Friedlander.
David Magier

===================

Rapo_ta Maraduma_sum_ar_i R_ajam_arav_a_ra, b_abata sana 1891 _Isav_i
   [microform]. -- Jodhapura : Sensapresa, R_ajam_arav_a_ra, <1892-

  v. <2   > ; 32 cm.

  In Hindi.
  Cover title.
  "Bam_ujiba hukma _Sr_i Darab_ara R_aja M_arav_a_ra ke ... chhap_i."
  Incomplete contents:    -- 2. M_arav_a_ra ke paragano_mk_i mojev_ara
  maraduma_sum_ar_i kakk_abatt_is_i ke his_abase maya ted_adarekha aura
  kosa hareka g_a_mvake sadaramuk_ama hak_umata se daraja hai.
  Master microform held by: DLC.
  Microfiche. Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress Photoduplication
  Service, 1985-   . microfiche <8-   > ; 11 x 15 cm.

  LCCN: 85908444//r87
  L.C. CALL NO: Microfiche.85/61373 (H)