European institutional network for classical South Asian Studies

Asko H S Parpola aparpola at cc.helsinki.fi
Thu Feb 15 08:07:08 UTC 1996

In a meeting held at Gothenburg on 12-13 February, 1996, the following
university institutes/departments or their Indological sections decided to
establish an institutional network for collaboration in the field of
classical South Asian studies in Europe:
- Institute of Comparative Indoeuropean linguistics at the University of
Gothenburg (Folke.Josephson at compphil.gu.se),
- Institute of Oriental Languages at the University of  Stockholm
(Claus.Oetke at orient.su.se) (Oetke's address is not yet in operation,
for the time being communicate via William.Smith at orient.su.se),
- Department of Comparative Religion at the University of Stockholm
(Berglie at rel.su.se),
- Institute of African and Asian Studies at the University of Uppsala
(Gunilla.Gren-Eklund at afro.uu.se),
- Institute of East-European and Oriental Studies at the University of
Oslo  (G.v.Simson at easteur-orient.uio.no),
- Department of Comparative Religion at the University of Oslo
(Jens.Braarvik at iks.uio.no)
- Department of Asian and African Studies at the University of Helsinki
(Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.Fi)
- Department of Oriental Studies at the University of Lausanne
(Johannes.Bronkhorst at orient.unil.ch)

The member institutions of this European network, which is open to other
European academic institutions to join, have in principle agreed to
collaborate and help each other in various ways - the exact terms and
modes of collaboration are to be decided in each case separately and to
mutual benefit, taking advantage of the possibilities offered by various
Eoropean and international programmes.

----

Asko Parpola  (E-mail Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.Fi)
Department of Asian and African Studies, Univ. of Helsinki