Sanskrit Charter for the Mac

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 14 17:20:25 UTC 1996

Stanley Rice said:

> Some time ago I obtained a very nice version of Bitstream Charter
> for Windows.
> This is pleasing--but now I cannot find where I got it, and do not
> recall whether it is available for the Mac.

It is available from INDOLOGY:
        http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/indology.html
and choose
        "supplementary gopher/software"
or by anonymous ftp from
        ftp.bcc.ac.uk:/pub/users/ucgadkw/indology/software

The font is available in PostScript or TrueType formats; the file names
make clear which is which.  I assume the Mac wants the latter type,
though I have never used a Mac and am not sure.  Another, similar font
called Utopia was recently added to the offerings.  Try it out?

Dominik