Holi discussion.

Gene Thursby gthursby at religion.ufl.edu
Tue Feb 13 23:27:18 UTC 1996

	On Tue, 13 Feb 1996, Allen Thrasher wrote:
> Is the festival named from the goddess or the goddess from the festival?
> Allen Thrasher
	At the risk of turning this thread back along old lines that
became a bit entangled, may I ask if anyone would care to recommend any
interpretive writing on the Holi festival that has been published in the
past?  I continue to find McKim Marriott's somewhat rash and now
thirty-year-old essay "The Feast of Love," in Milton Singer, ed.,
_Krishna: Myths, Rites, and Attitudes_ (Honolulu:  East-West Center Press,
1966) of interest and capable of provoking interest in the festival
itself.  Gene Thursby <gthursby at religion.ufl.edu>