Conference on Philosophy

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Feb 2 20:25:22 UTC 1996

Dominik,
	Sitting here in Ann Arbor, Michigan, this identification of the
"West" makes perfect sense to me.  Don't you see?  Why else would we in
Michigan be in the "mid-west"?
	You should not be shocked with this.  The USA is not only the
"west", but it is also the "world".  That is why we name one of the
sports series played only here in the USA as the "world series".
	Get used to it, because as one of our veteran broadcasters used to
say:  "and, that is the way it is".
	All the best,
			Madhav Deshpande