siva vinadhara

mrabe at artic.edu mrabe at artic.edu
Thu Feb 1 11:45:14 UTC 1996

For starters you might try: Hawley, John Stratton, "The Boston Vinadhara
Siva," Journal of the Oriental Institute [Baroda] 33:1-2 (1983): 141-46 [I
don't recall how far back his own discussion traces the form;

There are a few agamic sources cited in Gopinatha Rao, T. A.. Elements of
Hindu Iconography. 2 vols. 1914. reprint ed. Varanasi: Indological Book
House, 1971, vol. II.2, pp. 289-292.

I appreciate hearing back if you find still better sources.

Thanks,

Michael Rabe
Saint Xavier University
School of the Art Institute of Chicago