Q: Wikner's Sanskrit

Jutta K. Lehmann lehmann at alcor.concordia.ca
Sun Aug 25 14:50:38 UTC 1996

I wish I could help Dr. Hueckstedt with his problem of compiling exe.
files for Dr. Wikner's
devanagari fonts. I just want to assure him that he is not alone. I am
finding that not only am I facing the daunting task of learning TeX/LaTeX
(I am experimenting with OzTeX on a Mac LC475) but of learning enough of
C programming to compile both the Wikner and the Velthuis "preprocessor"
programs on the Mac (not fully understanding what these programs will
actually accomplish for me since I have already produced the PK fonts).
So - I would repeat Dr. Hueckstedt's anguished cry. Does anyone have
experience compiling these programs on a Mac? Any help you can give would
be appreciated.