Official State Languages query

Pullat Devadas Das Menon dmenon at pacific.net.sg
Tue Aug 20 02:01:11 UTC 1996

India might be a lot closer to have the ability to start schools in
"dialects" than people realise. I make this comment based on the observation
that government "owned" schools in India has broken up and education is now
more and more in the hands of private citizens/organisations. Private funded
education appears to be a fast growing 'business' in India. So we might yet
see schools in these 'dialects'. The main obstacle may be one of not
belonging to a 'minority' religion which has special status (rights) for
starting schools and keeping them without fear of being taken over by
government, a consideration any 'business (money)' will have.

Das Menon

At 05:02 PM 8/19/96 BST, you wrote:

        deleted

                                 The status of Official Language should