R. Salomon: electronic publicaction

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 17:41:49 UTC 1996

Dear indologists,

With the kind permission of Prof Richard Salomon and of the American
Oriental Society, I have republished Prof Salomon's review 1995 review
article "On the Origin of the Early Indian Scripts" on the INDOLOGY web
page. See

    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/indology.html

and follow the links for "important position or review papers.

It was hard converting Prof Salomon's paper to HTML because of the
extensive use of diacritics and the reproduction of Brahmi and other
characters (which I have not tried to reproduce, through lack of time).
However, I believe the result is eminently readable, and I hope that
many of you will enjoy and benefit from this exceptionally useful review
article.

Subject to general approval, I intend to reproduce other review, overview,
or position papers which I feel usefully bring together or present the
main issues in a particular area of indological studies.

I should like to extend special thanks to Prof. Salomon for his agreement
to the reproduction of his review article, and to Profs. Edwin Gerow and
Johnathan Rodgers, and other officers of the AOS, for their permission to
reproduce the material, and for their support of this experiment.

Best wishes,
Dominik Wujastyk