Official State Languages query

gail at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu gail at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Sat Aug 17 02:50:39 UTC 1996

I don't know of a text that does this but the national languages are
actually only Hindi and English -- that is, Hindi is the primary one and
English is the associate national language. The other 17 mentioned in
previous discussions are official languages; that is, each of them is a
state language of at least one state, and schools in these languages are
officially sanctioned.

Gail