Official State Languages query

Mittal Sushil mittals at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Thu Aug 15 19:14:02 UTC 1996

> On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Michael Rabe wrote:
>
> > So, my related query is this: how many official state languages are there
> > all told and which are the additional ones?

According to the Eight schedule of _The Constitution of India_, the
following are the languages of India:

	Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Malayalam,
	Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.

The official language of the Union is Hindi in devanagari script.

sushil mittal