Traditional Indian Architecture

clay at m-net.arbornet.org clay at m-net.arbornet.org
Sat Apr 27 15:37:05 UTC 1996

Dear Deepak Gupta,

I would like to suggest that you add to your sources the
two American architects Louis Sullivan and Frank Lloyd  Wright.
Both were able to construct sacred spaces using the respect
of the materials in relationship with the psychology of the
workers.Many of their buildings can be visited where one can
experience created sacred space. If you would like specific
pointers for possible visits on your weekends you can contact
me privately.I am convinced that to visit some of their
works of architecture will help you understand your traditional
Indian architecture.

BTW, there is a massive work by Frits Staal called AGNI which
is very much connected to traditional Indian architecture
and ritual.

In all the above there is an important aspect of participation
in the ritual to form and create the sacred - I view this
participation as opportunity.

Take care,
jim cuddeback

--
		Hand-crafted Unique Remembrance Memorials
		   http://m-net.arbornet.org/~clay
http://rivendell.org/jim.html    |   clay at m-net.arbornet.org