Email in Benares

John Dunne jdunne at husc.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 21 01:40:57 UTC 1996

The Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies in Sarnath has an e-mail
account with IIT-Kanpur. It is possible for scholars associated with the
institute to receive and send e-mail via that account. You might try
contacting the director, Prof. Samdong Rinpoche, for details. (Please
contact me for an e-mail address and further information).

I conducted research in Benares for two separate years ('92 and '94-'95),
but I never found a local account other than the one mentioned above. I
heard rumors of some access at BHU and of a local firm that provides
accounts, but these whisperings may have been just another addition to
Banarsi mythology.

Good luck.

John Dunne
Study of Religion