new questions

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Apr 12 14:03:07 UTC 1996

	Currently I am reading a text in Sanskrit called VedavicaaraH by
an author Dvivedi DraviDa Shyaamashaastrii.  This was published from Vai
in Maharashtra with a Marathi translation in 1912.
	Has anyone heard of this author in any other context?  Secondly,
if anyone has access to Mss catalogues from Vai, would you please check
for me if this text is listed in their collection.
	Finally, the text several times refers to an author
'raamaaNDaara' (for example: raamaaNDaarair uktam).  The Marathi
translator keeps this exactly as is.  I have a hunch that this is a
shortform for something like raajamaartaNDakaara.  There is a
Dharmashastra text by this title listed by PV Kane, but again I do not
have access to it at the moment.  May be Ludo or Rosane Rocher may have
seen this text and its possible abbreviation.  Would love to hear from
all those experts out there.
	Thanks.
			Madhav Deshpande