IJTS Vol. 2, No. 1 (April 1996)

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at shore.net
Thu Apr 11 00:36:44 UTC 1996

           INTERNATIONAL  JOURNAL  OF  TANTRIC  STUDIES
                      ISSN 1084-7553
                Vol. 2 (1996), No. 1, April 10

We are very glad to announce that the 3rd issue of the IJTS has just been
distributed by email to our Members. It is available on our ftp server:
ftp://ftp.shore.net/members/india/ijts/issues

It will soon be available on our WEB pages:
http://www.shore.net/~india/ijts/

To subscribe send msgs to:
ijts-list-request at shore.net

with the subject:
subscribe <your name>

                          * * * * *
IN THIS ISSUE:

- NOTE FROM THE EDITOR
- TANTRA FAQ
- DEB
- PAPER: *Tantra and Dharma Teachers from Kashmir in Nepal
  -- The Oldest Manuscript of the KRtyakalpataru* by Michael
  Witzel
- COMPUTER SPACE: *Typing Devanagari on a Standard Keyboard*
  by Derick Miller
- NEWS
- NEW TITLES
- COPYRIGHT NOTICE

                         * * * * *

*TANTRA AND DHARMA TEACHERS FROM KASHMIR IN NEPAL -- The oldest manuscript
of the KRtyakalpataru*, by Michael Witzel

ABSTRACT
An early Devanagari MS of the 12th century work KRtyakalpataru that was
found in Nepal includes notes in early Sharada and Newari scripts which
indicate its use in India and in Nepal by a Kashmiri Pandit. As other
sources indicate, extensive travel of this type was not unusual, and this
helps to account for the close relation between Kashmiri and Nepalese
Tantra texts. Such long distance cultural relationships spanning the
subcontinent are in need of detailed study. Evidence from MSS such as the
present one, though usually neglected by scholars, provide important
materials for this endeavor.

                             * * * * *

COMPUTER SPACE: *TYPING DEVANAGARI ON A STANDARD KEYBOARD*, by Derick
Miller

ABSTRACT
1. The Basic Problem
2. UniType International from Gamma Systems
3. Learning How to Use UniType
4. ILKEYB (Indian Language Keyboard Program)
5. Possible Enhancements for Devanagari Windows Products
6. Conclusion
7. Contact Information and Pricing

                            * * * * *

Enjoy the reading!