Siri Boovalaya..

Dr Shivamurthy Swamiji swamiji at giasbg01.vsnl.net.in
Mon Apr 1 18:13:22 UTC 1996

The title of this Kannada work is not Siri Boovalaya but Siribhuuvalaya. The author of this work is Kumudendu, a Jaina writer (circa 800 AD).  The date is debatable.  Some scholars attribute it to a later date.

It is said in this work that the author is the disciple of Jinasenaacaarya and the Guru of Amoghavarsha Nripatunga.  It is written in a typical Kannada prosody called Sangatya.

For a little more information, see on page 57 of  'Samagra Kannada Sahitya Charitre' Vol 1 edited by Dr G S Shivarudrappa, published by the Department of Publications & Extension Lectures, Bangalore University, Bangalore - 560 056, Karnataka, India.

Dr Shivamurthy Swamiji
TARALABALU KENDRA
3rd Main, 2nd Block, RT Nagar
BANGALORE - 560 032