Documentation on ISCII

ORACLE at wl.aecl.ca ORACLE at wl.aecl.ca
Wed Oct 25 13:32:20 UTC 1995

Hello Ramanagaru,

	The unicode mapping of Indian languages is based on ISCII representation, with very minor extensions/variations. So, by looking at the unicode standard
volume I, which you should be able to borrow from a university library, you can
get a very good idea of what ISCII is. Both ISCII and unicode map only the
basic alphabet set, but I have not seen a standard for the mapping of glyphs
required to compose the scripts anywhere. Unicode doc specifically states
that glyphs are not part of the standard. I don't know if ISCII has any standardfor glyphs, if so what is it.

Regards,
Desikachary,
AECL,Canada.