revised timetable of Wellcome research seminars

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 16:07:01 UTC 1995

[2nd try ...]

A few weeks ago I posted an early release of our timetable for research
seminars on Asian topics.  Here is the completed version.  Talks with
indological content are marked "**".

Dominik Wujastyk,
Wellcome Institute,
London.

             Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
               183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE, England

                      Research Seminar 1995 - 1996

         "Medicine, Science, and Technology in Asian Cultures"

                           Tuesday 4.30 p.m.

  3 October 95          Dr Francesca Bray
			Wellcome Unit, University of Manchester
                        A `New History' of non-western Technology:
                        Textiles and Gender in Imperial China

**17 October 95         Mr M. Miles
			Birmingham
                        Goitre Cretinism and Iodine in South Asia - an
                        unfinished story

  31 October 95         Mr David Wright, SOAS
                        The Search for a Technical Vocabulary in 19th
                        Century China

**14 November           Harish Naraindas
                        Delhi University
			Is there an Indian Naturopathy?

  28 November           Dr H. Gebre-Meskel
			SOAS
                        Reflections on the Four Ethiopian Medical
                        Manuscripts in the British Library

  23 January 96         Joanna Grant
			SOAS
                        Issues of Gender in Ming Dynasty Medical Case
                        Histories

   6 February 96	Dr Fritz Zimmermann
                        Oriental Institute, Oxford
			Razi and Farabi Against Galen

   20 February 96       Dr F. Dikotter
                        SOAS
                        Engenics in China

** 5 March 96           Prof. Raymond Mercier
                        Cambridge
                        Indian Mathematical Astronomy

** 19 March 96          Dr Waltraud Ernst
                        University of Southampton
                        Concept of "race" and colonial psychiatry in
                        19th century India.

   2 April 96           Cristina Alvarez-Millan
                        Wellcome Institute, London
                        Daily medical practice in medieval Islam

--

Dominik Wujastyk,
Wellcome Institute,

FAX: +44 171 611 8545
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk

For my PGP public key etc., see my WWW home page:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/wujastyk.html