Meaning of Panini

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Oct 19 17:25:56 UTC 1995

You may consult the following publications whch deal with the linguistic
side of Panini's locality:

1.  "Panini as a frontier grammarian."  Papers from the 19th Regional
Meeting.  Chicago Linguistic Society, CLS, pp. 110-116, Chicago, 1983.

2.  "Linguistic Presuppositions of Panini 8.3.26-27." Proceedings of the
International Seminar on Panini, pp. 23-42.  Pune:  Centre of Advanced
Studies in Sanskrit, University of Poona, 1982

3.  "Panini and the Northwestern Dialect:  Some Suggestions on
P.3.3.10."  In Languages and Cultures, Studies in Honor of Edgar C.
Poloome, pp. 111-122, Berlin, Mouton de Gruyter, 1988.

4.  "Sanskrit Grammarians:  Differing Perspectives in Cultural
Geography."  Aligarh Journal of Oriental Studies, Vol. II, Nos. 1-2, pp.
57-68, 1985.

	Madhav Deshpande