ayurveda

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 10:02:40 UTC 1995

DR.S.KALYANARAMAN said:
> If I recall right, a few months ago, you had mentioned about a multi-volume
> publication recently brought out on the indian medicinal plants.
>
> I shall be grateful if you can kindly provide me this info. so that I can
> ask local bookseller to buy it for the centre.

If it's the one I think you mean, it is

_Indian Medicinal Plants: a compendium of 500 species_ ed. by
Vaidyaratnam P. S. Varier's Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakal.  Madras: Orient
Longman, 1994- .  I have three volumes, but no. 4 should be out by now.

Another very good recent book from the same stable, but with a
different, and more botanical, slant is
V. V. Sivarajan and Indira Balachandran, _Ayurvedic drugs and thier
plant sources_.  New Delhi etc., Oxford and IBH Publishing, 1994.

Best wishes,

Dominik

--

Dominik Wujastyk,
Wellcome Institute,

FAX: +44 171 611 8545
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk

For my PGP public key etc., see my WWW home page:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/wujastyk.html