Dictionaries

Jim Hartzell jh at cubsps.bio.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 12 17:32:18 UTC 1995

Some of you were kind enough to respond to or comment on an earlier
request I made for information on the publisher of the compact
edition of the Monier-Williams Sanskrit English dictionary.
The distributor was
Meicho Fukyukai, 1-16-6 Tairamachi, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152, Japan
Tel: 81 (0) 3 3724 8031; fax: 81 (0) 3 33724 8039.
Hayashi was gracious enough to inquire directly with them on my
behalf--they said they have not had copies of it for several years
now.
So the hunt continues.
Does anyone have, or know of someone who has a used copy of this
dictionary they would be willing to sell me?

Hayashi also mentioned to me that a Korean publisher is considering
reprinting the compact edition.  Perhaps with enough people expressing
interest, we could convince a publisher to do so.  I hereby volunteer
to compile the list of interested parties--just send me a message saying you
are interested.
I'd like to thank the members of the list for several helpful and
courteous responses to various inquiries.
Jim Hartzell
jh at cubsps.bio.columbia.edu