Diwali

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 11:11:17 UTC 1995

Dear Mr Raghavendra,

You do not agree with Mr Banerjee, and I understand that issues such as
those that have been raised do -- often with justification -- lead to
heated discussions and strong feelings.

However, the INDOLOGY group prides itself on its good manners and
scholarly conduct.  Your criticisms of the poster are insulting and
unacceptable in scholarly debate.  As is usual when emotional language
is used, we learn is a great deal about your angry feelings, but less
about the issue under discussion.

This type of exchange will not be tolerated in this discussion group.
If you (and others) are unable to discuss matters politely, INDOLOGY
will be closed down in its present form.

It is also important to keep the discussion focussed on the indological
issues for which the INDOLOGY service is provided.  I would remind all
members that these issues emphatically do not include contemporary
politics.

Dominik Wujastyk

--

Dominik Wujastyk,
Founder of INDOLOGY,

FAX: +44 171 611 8545
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk

For my PGP public key etc., see my WWW home page:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/wujastyk.html