Anglo-Indian Literature in India

Allen Thrasher athr at loc.gov
Thu Nov 2 21:59:01 UTC 1995

The American College, Madurai has a very extensive collection of
Anglo-Indian or Indo-Anglian literature, which is on a computer catalog
which will be hooked up to internet in a few months.  Mr. Gnanaprahasam
Reuben, a librarian at its Daniel Poor Memorial Library is on a Fulbright
grant here at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science of
Simmons College and was by the Library of Congress on a tour a couple of
weeks ago.

I called up Fulbright which seems to have a policy against giving out
people's current addresses and his contact there said she would pass on
to Mr. Reuben the fact that I was trying to contact for a researcher.

A quick search of the World of Learning and a couple of other reference
books fails to turn up anything under American College Madurai or Madurai
American College.  I'll wait to hear from Mr. Reuben before further
pursuing the address in reference books.

Allen W. Thrasher

Senior Reference Librarian
Southern Asia Section
Library of Congress