SAGAR 2:1

manu bhagavan bhagavam at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Tue May 9 01:13:32 UTC 1995

SAGAR: South Asia Graduate Research Journal Volume 2, Number 1 will be
released shortly in hardcopy, email, and World Wide Web editions.

This issue of SAGAR will contain the following articles:

RECASTING KARBALA IN THE GENRE OF URDU <MARSIYA>
	Syed Akbar Hyder, Harvard University

GENDER IDEOLOGIES AND PRACTICES AMONG SOUTH INDIAN IMMIGRANTS IN PITTSBURGH
	Aparna Rayaprol, University of Hyderabad

THE CHANGING ROLE OF THE INDIAN STATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF POSTWAR
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
	Joel R. Campbell, St. Edward's University/Austin Community College

SOUTH ASIAN AMERICAN STUDIES: A WORKING BIBLIOGRAPHY, 1975-1994
	Rosane Rocher, The University of Pennsylvania

BOOK REVIEW
	WIVES AND OTHERS By Manik Bandyopadhyay/Tr. Kalpana Bardhan
			Sagaree Sengupta, University of Texas at Austin

To subscribe to SAGAR:

hardcopy: Please send US$25 (individuals), US$30 (institutions), +US$5
(all non-US subscriptions per order) to Center for Asian Studies; The
University of Texas at Austin; Campus Mail Code G9300; Austin, TX
78712-1994. Please make checks payable to the Center for Asian Studies.

email: Please send an email message with a blank subject line and this body:
subscribe sagar-journal
subscribe sagar-journal-discussion
to majordomo at bongo.cc.utexas.edu and you will receive a message informing
you of your subscription.  This edition of the journal comes in Text
with Layout and BinHexed Word 5.1 formats. The email edition of the
journal is free.

World Wide Web: You may view SAGAR on the Web at the following URL:
http://wwwhost.cc.utexas.edu/ftp/pub/das/.html/south.asia/sagar/sagar.main.html
The World Wide web edition of the journal is free of charge.

Please direct questions or comments to:
sagrj at uts.cc.utexas.edu
 TEL: (512) 471-5811
 FAX: (512) 471-4469