Summer South Asian Language Program at the U. of Michigan, 1995

Lee Schlesinger schlesin at umich.edu
Wed Mar 29 23:39:33 UTC 1995

Apologies in advance to those recipients for whom this message will be
delivered more than once.

I simply wish to confirm information that is circulating in regard to
summer intensive South Asian language courses planned to be taught at the
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, during our Summer Term, June 27 -
August 18, 1995.

We are definitely offering an 8-credit hour course in first-year
Hindi-Urdu, and several openings remain for students to enroll in this class.

We may be able to offer a 6-hour intensive beginning Sanskrit course
(taught by Professor Madhav Deshpande) and a 6-hour intensive intermediate
Marathi course if we receive a few more applications for each in the next
two weeks or so.

In case, you know of anyone interested in studying any of these languages
at the level indicated, please contact me and request a full information
and application packet.  Because I cannot upload and e-mail the
application forms, please provide a postal mailing address in order to
receive the materials.  Thank you.

		        		   Lee I. Schlesinger, Program Officer
					   South and Southeast Asian Studies
					   313-747-2082    fax: 313-936-2948