Colloquium on Women Mystics

James McDermott MCDERMOT at wehle.canisius.edu
Mon Mar 6 16:31:22 UTC 1995

Dr. Genevieve James , Dept. of Modern Languages, Canisius College has
asked me to post the following call for papers on the list. Professor
James is particularly interested in eliciting appropriate papers on
Women Mystics in India:

Call for Papers:

Colloquium on Women Mystics
October 27-29, 1995
Canisius College,
Buffalo, New York 14208

The Colloquium seeks to bring together scholars from different
disciplines working on various aspects related to women and
mysticism. Its goal is to assess the status of feminine mysticism in
our contemporary world through a multi-disciplinary perspective.

Essays may be written in French or English.
Deadline for One-Page Abstracts (with brief C.V.): April 15, 1995.

Completed Papers due no later than June 15, 1995.
Papers are not to exceed 20 minutes presentation time. Papers and
one-page abstracts to be submitted in duplicate, along with a
separate sheet listing the following: Title of paper, your name (sur
name first), academic affiliation if applicable, address, telephone
number, and E-Mail address.

Please address queries, questions, suggestions, and proposals to:

Prof. Genevieve James, Colloquium Organizer
Phone: (716) 888-2834
Fax: (716) 888-2525
E-Mail: jamesg at ccvmsa.canisius.edu

or to me at:

mcdermot at whele.canisius.edu

and I will pass them along to Prof. James.