Dr. Claus Peter Zoller

David Magier magier at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 29 18:40:44 UTC 1995

> I am looking for an e-mail or other address for Dr. Claus Peter Zoller,
> once of Heidelberg University, and possibly living in India. He wrote 2
> papers in MSS 1988 and 1989 about an Indian language called Bangani, which
> has a remarkable Kentum substrate.
>
> On the same subject, I am also looking for any other information and/or
> bibliographical references about this Bangani language.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Daniel Baum
> The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
> Israel

I don't have Dr. Zoller's email. But the Ethnologe Database has the
following entry for a language named NISI (alternate names include
Bangni), which I hope will be of help.    David Magier

NISI (India)

Country
       India
Language code
       DAP
Continent
       Asia
Alternate language names
       DAFLA, DAPHLA, NISSI, NISHI, NISHANG, NYISING, BANGNI, LEL
Dialect names
       AKA LEL
Genetic affiliation
       Sino-Tibetan, Tibeto-Burman, Baric, Mirish, Dafla
Geographical region
       Assam, Darrang, Arunachal Pradesh
Population
       33,000 (1991 UBS)
New Testament printings
       in press (1991)
Printings of whole books of Bible
       1957-1978
Remarks
       Related to Apatani, Adi, Tagen, Yano, Lhopa, possibly Lepcha
Total speakers
       33,000