nyAyas

torella at rmcisadu.cisadu.uniroma1.it torella at rmcisadu.cisadu.uniroma1.it
Mon Jun 19 23:06:35 UTC 1995

Dear Dr. Gruenendahl,

thank you very much for your response.
Indeed, you are right in saying that the NCC is an often neglected tool.
But too many times I happened not to find any mention there of MSS
I had just seen or even photographed in various libraries (I might
quote several examples of MSS in Srinagar, Tanjore, Trivandrum,
Kathmandu etc.). Moreover, as the NCC usually depends on the old
printed catalogues, it is bound to reproduce the many mistakes
that are found in them. Thus, after many a frustrating experience,
I progressively ended up by not consulting it any more. This is certainly
a mistake, too, - I agree - but not without reasons.

With regards,

Raffaele Torella