sarvangi editions

Peter D Banos pdb1 at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 13 18:20:44 UTC 1995

As promised, I checked on Callewaert's "Sarvangi of the Dadupanthi
Rajab." I was mistaken in my recollection that C. edited only
the Dadu poems from R.'s compilation; in fact he edited only the poems
written by Rajab himself! The apparatus contains much important
matter concerning the Dadu text tradition as a whole; but the book is no
substitute for the more recent "Sarvangi of Gopaldas," even apart from
the fact that it is based on a rather different compilation to begin with.
						-Peter D. Banos
						pdb1 at columbia.edu