SARVANGI OF GOPALDAS

Peter D Banos pdb1 at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 13 13:23:23 UTC 1995

On Mon, 12 Jun 1995, ALLEN W THRASHER wrote:

>           "The Sarvangi  of Gopaldas; a  17th  century anthology of  Bhakti
>           literature" was published by Manohar in Delhi  in  1993.  What  I
>           assume is the same book, "The Sarvangi of  the Dadupanthi Rajab,"

No, I believe they are two different "Sarvangis," by different compilers,
both within the Dadupanth tradition and so of course with a similar
framework and contents.
Moreover, if I remember correctly Callewaert's Rajab book didn't include
the whole Sarvangi, but only the parts attributed to Dadu. Or some such
selection. It's been a while since I looked at it...
The Gopaldas I have at home, having bought a copy from Gerry Barrier at
Madison a couple of years ago; the Rajjab is here in the CU
library and I think I'll go have a look at it. I'll
report back in a few hours if I find I've misrepresented it.
							-Peter D. Banos
							pdb1 at columbia.edu