Indus_Sarasvati Civilization

Kalyans at aol.com Kalyans at aol.com
Sat Jun 10 06:44:30 UTC 1995

I have prepared a 3-page note which provides the archaeological and
linguistic rationale (duly referenced) for the suggested name for what Stuart
Piggott (following the convention to name a culture after the first type
site) called the Harappan (Prehistoric India; Sir Mortimer Wheeler, The
Indus).

But this site name does not bring out the fact that the civilization had the
widest geographical expanse of all known protohistorical cultural groups. The
expanse has contributed to hundreds of archaeological site discoveries since
1920, mainly clustered in two great river valleys.

I will be happy to forward the note to any interested readers.

S. Kalyanaraman kalyans at aol.com