your mail

Dominik Wujastyk dom at uclblr.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Jan 20 10:49:10 UTC 1995

Birgit Kellner said:

> Recently, Shoryu Katsura told me that there was
> some site in Switzerland that is supposed to
> offer a considerable number of e-texts. Is this
> a completely ungrounded rumour, or does such
> a site actually exist?

I'm sure Peter will be amused to be referred to as a "site in
Switzerland".  He is a big fellow, but not *that* big. :-)

Birgit, the reference you have must be to the work of Prof. Peter
Schreiner, who is prof. of Sanskrit at Zurich Univ.  He has worked on
puranic traditions, and much else, and usually types the texts into his
computer as he reads them.  The special value of his texts is that he
includes analysis of compounds and sandhi, which means they are
immediately useful for syntactic and semantic analysis.  Several of his
texts are available from INDOLOGY and from
ftp.bcc.ac.uk:/pub/users/ucgadkw/indology.

Peter is a member of INDOLOGY, so if he is currently listening I'm sure
you will get a more authoritative reply.

Dominik