unsubscribing

Dominik Wujastyk dom at uclblr.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Jan 16 22:16:46 UTC 1995

Adrian Burton said:

>         May I suggest that you prepare a short info sheet with a brief
> statement of the goals of Indology and a list of the most useful commands
> (subscribe, etc.) and that you post it regularly (once every month or two).

I'm torn about this.  I can see the obvious sense in what you propose.
I don't like the idea of extra work, but it might be automatable.

However, I was once a member of a group that got exactly such a posting
on the 1st of every month, and after a while it DROVE ME BARMY.  Even
just deleting it.

So I take your point entirely, but maybe we could do something else,
like have a very brief information-line in the email headers (like where
it says "X-Comment: Indology mailing list")?  I've asked Chris Wooff if
this is possible/easy/a good idea.

Dominik