I agree

BAKULA at delphi.com BAKULA at delphi.com
Sat Jan 14 19:33:47 UTC 1995

I also agree with Dominic, Alex, and Enrica. Get the riff-raff
out of this place. Unfortunately, I am one of those
'hanger-on', 'curious', 'just looking', kind of people. I hate
to leave. My reasoning is simple. We in India used to have a
practice called "Pravacchan" or "Satsang" where knowledgeable
'Gurus', 'Shastries', 'Pundits', and 'Commentators' used to
have marathon discussions on the topics of their interests. Us
nobodies or 'Forrest Gumps' were allowed to attend these
'hi-falutin' shindigs, provided we did not disrupt their
discourses in any way. They needed us badly. Otherwise their
erudite interpretations of subject matter under discussion
would be like a sound of a falling leaf in the forest-did it
make a sound or not? My humble request to you learned
academicians, therefore, is suffer occasional noise, little
commotion, exceptional outburst inappropriately expressed, and
go on with your 'Satsang'. Frankly, after Republicans got into
the Congress us intellectuals and liberals have no place to go.
Sid Harth