thanks to Rolf Sinclair

Leslaw Borowski TANTRAPL at ramzes.umcs.lublin.pl
Wed Jan 11 17:40:22 UTC 1995

Hi Rolf,
thank you so much for your answer to my query. What a coincidence:
you are on your way to the South Pole; I am a Southern (by spirit)
Pole and one of Shiva's forms is a pole (or lin-ga). The texts I got
from you inspired me to think about the nature of Shiva in a new way.
Many scholars put a stress on Shiva's ambiguity. He rules both
fertily and destruction. Also, in the exchange of letters I got I can
trace some signs of this duality but they are very subtle and this
subtility led me to the thought of the fundamental impossibility of
distinguishing between creation and destruction (especially in the
shaivaite context). When you create anything something (eg some
material) vanishes; when something vanishes new things (eg broken
pieces) show up. This is only the limited perspective of a person (or
a "mask"; I would not like to say "individual" as for me the very
"individual" would be Shiva himself) that makes this asessment
possible. All things are proper parts of a good play. Pralaya too is
such a part.
            Hoping for more to rise and fall
                                    Lesl~aw Borowski