Research institutes in India

David Magier magier at columbia.edu
Fri Jan 6 13:50:19 UTC 1995

> Thank you very much for your reply. To be on the safe side, may I ask: Is
> USEFI connected with AIIS, or is it a freestanding independent institution?

My understanding is that USEFI is a separate foundation, partly
supported by US government funding, which serves as a kind of umbrella
support service for all sorts of research and scholarly activities,
such as Fulbright Program scholarly exchanges (in both directions), as
well as local logistical support for scholars arriving in India on
AIIS or other auspices.

David Magier