Research institutes in India

l.m.fosse at easteur-orient.uio.no l.m.fosse at easteur-orient.uio.no
Thu Jan 5 14:47:41 UTC 1995

Dear members of the Indology list:

A few people in Scandinavia have begun discussing the possibility of
creating a Scandinavian Research Institute and/or service institution of
some sort in India with the intention of offering Nordic scholars working
with South Asia (linguistists, historians, economists, social
anthropologists etc etc). certain resources in that country (e.g. practical
help, a place to work, accommodation, library and computer resources etc).
Is there any member of the list who has experience with such an
institution, or to put it differently: Is there any
country/university/group of universities that has such a facility/such
facilities in India and is willing to share their experiences with me? (I
am already informed about the Delhi branch of the Sued-Asien Institut in
Heidelberg). I would be very grateful for any information, since I am
trying to create a model/models for a Scandinavian research
institute/service institution in India.

Please contact Lars Martin Fosse on email account fosse at hedda.uio.no

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse