Prof. Kalyanaraman's postings on the Vedas

s. kalyanaraman s._kalyanaraman at mail.asiandevbank.org
Mon Feb 27 12:01:16 UTC 1995

     I entirely agree with Debashish Banerjee's comments. I hole the
     vedantic scholarship of Aurobindo and others with the utmost respect
     and revere their scholarship with the highest regard. A variety of
     interpretations of the rks are possible.

     I have just focused on only one process elucidated: soma.

     There are many rks whose padapaaTha, can be interpreted beyond their
     mere bhashaa or 'semantic' levels.

     In all such myriad, possible, interpretations, one common strand is
     apparent: that is, the 'metaphorical'.

     S. Kalyanaraman