Info on Himalayas

Pramit Bhasin bhasin at UMDNJ.EDU
Sat Feb 11 17:18:52 UTC 1995

> Help, please.  The fifth and sixth grade geography classes at Pinewood Prep
> School in South Carolina are studying India and the Himalayan Mountain
> countries.  We would appreciate receiving any email from friends in India,
> Tibet, Bhutan, or Nepal.  TIA
> Chuck Stjern
> Lower School Director    <Stjernc at Citadel.edu>

Hello everyone,

My name is Pramit Bhasin and I am a third year medical student at New Jersey
Medical School in USA. I am also the president of the Indian Student Assoc.
here at my school. I immigrated  to the United States  approx 7 years ago.
Although I am not sending email from India as per the articles request ..I
couldn't resist sending some interesting facts ....

1. The highest airport in the world is in India in Leh. (Leh is the capital
of Ladakh which is a province  in the northern most state of Jammu and
Kashmir)

2. India is the largest producer of Tea. Most of this tea is raised in the
tea gardens of the eastern state of Assam - which is on the eastern slopes
of the Himalayas.

3. In 1994 both Miss World and Miss Universe were from India.

4. The constitution of India is written in 15 different languages.

5. India is also the largest producer of movies.

6. India got independent in 1947.

7. India is the largest democracy in the world.

Take care and good luck to all in school.

Sincerely

Pramit Bhasin