kaamasuutram

SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU
Fri Feb 10 19:08:27 UTC 1995

Having been inspired by the new translation by Alain Danielou, and relevant
to an ongoing project, I decided to take a look at the _Kaamasuutram_.  I
am having trouble finding a decent edition of the text, however.   One
Inter Library Loan request for an edition from 1912 (Benares) was denied
because the volume is too fragile to lend.  I have no reliable and
up-to-date information about editions of the text, and of course
Jayamangala's commentary.  Does a critical editon exist?  I really would
only be able to use an edition in nagari (or of course romanization; I know
there are several in Oriya or Bengali script, neither of which I can
read.).

Is there an up-to-date and reliable survey of the erotics literature?

References highly appreciated.

Jonathan Silk
SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU