Sanskrit <fwd>

David Magier magier at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 2 15:05:50 UTC 1995

[repost]

> Dear Chris. I wonder if you can help me find mac shareware for
> Sanskrit.

An annotated list of South Asian language computer fonts (including many for
Sanskrit for the Mac) can be found within the South Asia Gopher (instructions
below), in the following path:

  South Asia Gopher
    Teaching Resources on South Asia
      Inventory of Language Materials
        South Asian Language Computer Fonts

----
To connect to the South Asia Gopher, you may use any of three
techniques: gopher, telnet, or WorldWideWeb:

Simply gopher to: <gopher.cc.columbia.edu 71>; and then navigate down
through the menus as follows (Be sure to use port 71):
CLIO Plus/SELECTED TOPICS/South Asia.

If you have gopher client software, use the following pointer ('bookmark'):
	Type=1
	Name=The South Asia Gopher
	Host=gopher.cc.columbia.edu
	Port=71
	Path=1/clioplus/scholarly/SouthAsia

---------> OR BY TELNET:

Simply telnet to: <columbianet.columbia.edu>. Once connected to
Columbianet, select the menu item marked "CLIO Plus." Within that menu,
you'll find an item on the list labelled "SELECTED TOPICS: Internet
Resources By Subject" Select that one, and within it you'll find the South
Asia Gopher!

---------> OR BY WORLD WIDE WEB:

If you use MOSAIC or Lynx or other web-browser, use this URL:
     gopher://gopher.cc.columbia.edu:71/11/clioplus/scholarly/SouthAsia

QUESTIONS, PROBLEMS or SUGGESTIONS?
please contact David Magier                 magier at columbia.edu