Less Commonly taught languages GOPHER

janus005 at maroon.tc.umn.edu janus005 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:27:02 UTC 1995

          LESS COMMONLY TAUGHT LANGUAGE GOPHER

A new gopher has been established that you or your colleagues
might be interested in. Its aim is to present informatin on where
where all Less  Commonly Taught Languages (all except English,
French, German, and Spanish) are taught at North American 2 and 4
year colleges, and universities. Included is information on
contact people at each  institution (addresses, phone and fax
numbers).

At present we have about 250 languages (from Afrikaans to Zulu,
with entries for Cherokee, Evenki, Lao, Early Welsh, Middle
Turkic, Japanese, and Old Norse, to name a few).

We ask your cooperation in finding and bringing to our attention
mistakes and gaps in our coverage.  We continually update the
information in the gopher.

In the future, we will expand to include community education, and
list details of LCTL offerings at the secondary and elementary
levels. Please send information if know of any resources we do not
list.

The Less Commonly Taught Languages Project is part of the Center
for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition at the University of
Minnesota. We are a National Language Resource Center, funded
through the Center for International Education, U.S. Department of
Education.

The gopher is available at URL
gopher://lctl.acad.umn.edu
or by following the path described below:

+--> University of Minnesota

    +--> All the University of Minnesota Gopher Servers

      +--> Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition
Louis Janus
 Less Commonly Taught Languages Project
 Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition
 University of Minnesota
 UTEC--1313 5th Street SE, Suite 111
 Minneapolis, MN 55414
 612/627-1872 (voice)