Replying only to the original sender

Vidhyanath K. Rao vidynath at math.ohio-state.edu
Thu Aug 3 01:49:51 UTC 1995

A few days back, there was a question about how to send the replys only to
the person who posted the message rather than all the members. After
some experimentation, I think that I have one possible solution. This
basically consists of using a perl script to change the "Reply-To"
field to be the same as the "From:" field. This will work only if you
are using an Unix system; it is best if you filter your incoming mail
to seperate the mailing list messages from others. Let me know if you
want to take a look at the script.

Of course, you can always mail a message manually to the address given in
the "From:" field :-).

It would be nice if the Reply-To field is set by the list software itself.
We can reply to the list by using the "replyall" command or its equivalent.

Nath Rao (natharao+ at osu.edu)		614-366-9341