font bugs

A.Burton at student.anu.edu.au A.Burton at student.anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 21 08:22:44 UTC 1995

I have been using a font called Laser Hindi for Windows in WordPerfect6.0a.
It looks good on the screen and prints perfectly on a dot matrix printer
(Fujitsu); however on an Apple Laser Printer the vowel maatras play up very
annoyingly.  The devanaagarii looks fantastic but whenever there are two
matras attached to a particular consonant (e.g. a nasalised e, ai, u, or
uu) I get strange results. One or both of the matras just doesn't print.
Can I try to fix this, or is this an incurable disease? (I am finding this
out after having written a major part of my thesis in this font)
Adrian Burton