'Burning Glasses' in Ancient India?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Fri Apr 21 20:56:44 UTC 1995

You may look up references to the 'suuryakaanta' and 'candrakaanta'
'maNi's.  The first one is supposed to emmit fire when in contact with
the rays of the sun, and the second is supposed to exude some sort of
liquid when touched by the moon-rays.  The 'suuryakaanta' may be a
naturally formed lens used to start a fire.
	Madhav Deshpande